Thank you for your help. That last suggestion did the trick.

Gavin Lowry

From: Jochen "Je77" Rick                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hmm. Try installing them in your personal directory and going from there.
My guess is that two things could be wrong:

1) The Squeak VM has problems with your system. This occurs rarely, but
it could be a problem. That's why I recommended you try the latest VM.

2) Unix has some permission problems. It could be that this directory
actually has other meaning. Supposedly, if you launch an application with
your user permissions, that application inherits those permissions. So,
that you are able to edit (or create) the file should mean that Squeak
should be able to save.

Try opening up a window in Squeak (with the GUI). Click on the
background, chose "open..." and then chose "file list". Then, see if you
can create or edit a text file using the file list. If you are able to
edit one, then something strange is going on. Send us a "ls -la *" listing
off the ComSwiki directory (including the newly created file). Then,
we'll see if there's a unix permission problem.

Peace and Luck!

Je77

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 08:38:01AM -0600, Gavin Lowry wrote:
> Again, I appreciate the help you're offering.
>
> My ComSwiki folder is located in
>
> /srv/www/htdocs/comswiki/ComSwiki
>
> Now, I may simply have overlooked this, but where do I find the doc and "readme"
> files for comSwiki?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gavin

Jochen "Je77" Rick                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PhD Student                                           http://www.je77.com/
Georgia Tech College of Computing                       work: 404-385-1105