Hi Michael,

The problem is that sudo doesn't preserve environment variables. The easiest way to get around this is to pass -E to sudo:

iha...@obsidian:~
$ export CUDA_ROOT=/usr/local/cuda

iha...@obsidian:~
$ echo $CUDA_ROOT
/usr/local/cuda

iha...@obsidian:~
$ sudo sh -c 'echo $CUDA_ROOT'

iha...@obsidian:~
$ sudo -E sh -c 'echo $CUDA_ROOT'
/usr/local/cuda

Cheers,

Imran

On 6/4/2010 7:24 AM, Michael Rule wrote:
Thanks, nvcc is actually on the path, which is why I found the message
confusing. I can type nvcc in bash and it runs and everything. I also
did "CUDA_ROOT='/usr/local/cuda'" in bash such that "echo $CUDA_ROOT"
prints "/usr/local/cuda". Also, usr/local/cuda definitely exists. So, it
would seem that I have taken care of both error conditions, and yet the
message persists.

--mrule

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Bogdan Opanchuk <manti...@gmail.com