Hey,

thanks, I came accross your post to the mailing list but I thought it was a
different issue in the beginning.

Now the test_driver.py is running. Also my own testing things seem to run
OK...however seen the imprecision issues with gpuarrays I suppose I'd better
not use them on Fermis right now?

++

Peter

On Jul 21, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Julien Cornebise wrote:

> Hi Peter
>
> I just had the same problem last week:
> http://pycuda.2962900.n2.nabble.com/PyCUDA-test-driver-py-problem-td5276874.html#a5276874
>
> Updating to the latest git commit will solve your context-related
> issues, due to Fermi architecture not accepting unaligned accesses
> (thanks again Andreas for the fix !).
> Beside, try the examples (obtained via
> examples/download-examples-from-wiki), most of them should work, even
> with the 0.94rc instead of the GIT version.
>
> However, the precision issues remain.
>
> Julien
>
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Peter Schmidtke <pschmid...@ub.edu> wrote:
>> Dear PyCuda mailing list readers,
>>
>> I just finished the installation of pycuda 0.94rc on a Centos 5.5 64 bit
>> machine using gcc4.1.2 and boost 1.39 and a fresh manual python2.7 install.
>> The machine is a blade holding two Tesla C2050 cards.
>>
>> I went through all possible install problems on such a rigid system like
>> Centos, but finally I got it installed, thanks to the wiki and a few mailing
>> list posts.
>>
>> I tried to run the pycuda tests in the test directory, but already with the
>> test_driver.py I ran into some trouble. Find the errors and stdout attached
>> to this mail. test_math.py runs fine and test_gpuarray issues a few
>> precision errors.
>> Someone experienced similar problems on other GPU's or is it related to the
>> new Fermi architecture??
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>>

>> Peter Schmidtke

>> PhD Student