On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 14:12:22 +0200, Peter Schmidtke <pschmid...@ub.edu> wrote:
> however seen the imprecision issues with gpuarrays I suppose
> I'd better not use them on Fermis right now?

A week and a half or so back, I loosened the test bounds for these
functions to accommodate Fermi. (perhaps CUDA 3.1 in general) I wouldn't
make too much of this. Yes, precision has somewhat regressed. But a) not
catastrophically, and probably for a handsome speed gain, and b) the
purpose of these tests is to make sure that something reasonable (i.e.
not garbage) is returned.

(Just to clarify: These precision issues are in Nvidia's special
functions, and have nothing to do with GPUArray itself, which just uses
them.)

Andreas