Hi David,

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:47:26 +0200, David Martin <avid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone definitively confirm or deny the compatibility of PyCUDA
> with Python 2.4?

2.4 and above is the explicit compatibility goal.
Oddly enough, _pycuda_struct.c is also largely the only thing preventing
PyCUDA on Python 3 right now. (The rest of the port is mostly done.)

> I am in the middle of moving a lot of stuff over to a Centos 5
> cluster, and while I got everything built pretty easily, PyCUDA
> doesn't work. I get undefined symbol failures on PyInt_AsSsize_t
> (which shouldn't be all that surprising given that is a Python 2.5 and
> later API call).
>
> A quick scan through the PyCUDA source reveals that _pycuda_struct.c
> relies on both PyInt_AsSsize_t() and PyInt_FromSsize_t(), which don't
> exist in Python 2.4. This is a pretty major road block for RHEL 5 and
> Centos 5 users. Anybody got any useful workarounds?

I've stuck two compatibility macros for Python 2.4 into _pycuda_struct.c
for you. (in current git) Let me know if those helped.

Andreas