Hi Andreas

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Andreas Kloeckner
<li...@informa.tiker.net> wrote:
> Hi David,

[snip]
> I've stuck two compatibility macros for Python 2.4 into _pycuda_struct.c
> for you. (in current git) Let me know if those helped.

Outstanding! That fixed the problem and I now have a working pyCUDA
installation. I should add that there is also a gcc bug in the Redhat
5 gcc-4.1 versions lower than 49 which prevents it from compiling some
of the boost templating your code uses, but the most recent revision,
or the gcc-4.4 "preview" version works correctly.

Thanks so much for both pyCUDA and the timely help with this problem.
pyCUDA is a tool we have become heavily reliant on, and having
available on "big iron" for large runs of our codes was critical to
several current projects.

David.