Dear Aritra,

please make sure to keep your replies on-list for archival. Thanks.

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 02:40:55 -0400, Aritra Nath <a...@cise.ufl.edu> wrote:
> 1. Yes I have tried adding CXXFLAGS = ['-BOOST_PYTHON_NO_PY_SIGNATURES']
> I am using *gcc 4.1.2*.

You want
['-DBOOST_PYTHON_NO_PY_SIGNATURES']
not
['-BOOST_PYTHON_NO_PY_SIGNATURES']

> 2. I am trying to install pycuda-0.94.2. The documentation says : As of
> version 0.94, the Boost C++ libraries <http://www.boost.org/> are *no longer
> * a dependency of PyCUDA. However I keep seeing the following message:
> *** Error occurred in plausibility checking for path of Boost Python
> library.
> *** Error occurred in plausibility checking for path of Boost Thread
> library.
> Does this mean I need Boost?

No. Those plausibility checks only apply in case you do not want to use
the included copy of Boost.

> 3. The compilation stops with the following message:
> *bpl-subset/bpl_subset/boost/type_traits/detail/cv_traits_impl.hpp:38:
> internal compiler error: in make_rtl_for_nonlocal_decl, at cp/decl.c:5067*

If the above -D flag doesn't help, you need a newer compiler.

CC=gcc44 CXX=g++44 python setup.py install

should do the trick (or some such).

Andreas