The following forum message was posted by lhughes41 at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/4779185:

Hi,
 I would like to use Pydev Package explorer rather than project explorer since
it seems better behaved. However, the mylyn set of buttons at top of explorer
pane are not present in Package Explorer.  I know there was a pydev-mylyn set
of code for Exclipse. However, I installed pydev via Aptana Studio 3 ... and
my impression is that I should not do separate pydev updates in eclipse but
rather update via Aptana (I am uptodate).
 So given my Aptana Studio 3 context can I get the mylyn button set into the
Package Explorer pane?
 Thanks