Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your reply. I am really interested in this since for large
meshes become unfeasible to subdivide into linear elements  to do the
post-processing. I think the best thing would be to include this
functionality in "pyfr export" and export the polynomials information local
to each cell to the VTU file with -d 1. This is desirable because working
with the HDF5 format can be really slow to query for spatially dependent
data, and in that respect , VTK provides space partitioners which are very
useful to map coordinates to cells efficiently. I am willing to work on
this and contribute to the project if you point me to the right place to
look and if you provide me detailed information on how polynomial
information is encoded in the HDF5 file and how can I reconstruct them. I
think this is a valuable feature to have and I have seen at least another
message in the mailing list related to this problem [1].

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo

[1]
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/pyfrmailinglist/integration%7Csort:date/pyfrmailinglist/zNq4ooPSgDI/9hDxh88FCQAJ