Hi everyone!  I'm a hobby programmer and new to pygame.  This is my first
post to the list.
I've been reading different docs and the the list archives to understand how
best to move forward with experiments in image blending.  The Surfarray
tutorial on the docs page is excellent, but a little outdated.  This seems
to be a transitional period where the documentation and support for NumPy
have not arrived and the pre-built Windows binaries for NumPy and Numeric
don't support the latest python.  As an alternative, can I just use
pygame.PixelArray for all of my realtime blending needs?  Is it too slow?

If not, could anyone point me to some documentation on setting up a Windows
build environment that will work for compiling pygame, python, and numpy
together?

Thanks very much for your help!

Jordan