I really didn't notice the background myself, so I don't think it's a
problem.

What does actually bug me though, is the project list down the right side. I
appreciate wanting to make the project listings a focus of the site, but
it's taking up space and distracting from the focus of a page where I told
you by clicking on things that what I want to do right now is read
documentation. Plus it makes stuff weirdly off center as I scroll down.