On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 09:59:47AM -0600, Joe Van Andel wrote:

> > > I have a toplevel window that initially shows some status messages.
> > > After it processes some data, it creates a table of widgets that control
> > > the rest of the application.  The number of rows in the table depends on
> > > the data.
> > >
> > > How do I force the window to grow to the proper size such that all the
> > > rows in the table are visible?  (I know that if I had created all the
> > > widgets before the window was first created that the window would show
> > > them all.)
> > Call window.queue_resize(). When the mainloop is run the next time
> > (I don't know if mainiteration() will work; probably not) the window
> > will recalculate its size.
> I tried window.queue_resize(), but it made no difference.  I also tried
> the following, where self.__table is packed inside self.__vbox, and it
> didn't help, either.

?? That's very strange :-/ Are you sure the new added widgets are
visible ? Try to reduce the code to the smallest possible demo
(ie. a table with a button and that button adds a row to the table).
Also, did you call table.resize() with the new number of rows and
columns ?

--
Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla                   Sowatec AG, Witzbergstr. 7
"(to) optimize: Make a program faster      8330 Pfäffikon, Switzerland