Ben Hines wrote:

> PyGTK is unhappy on case insensitive filesystems: ie. HFS+ on Mac OS X.
>
> Is there any chance that this will ever work, possibly for the next
> major revision?  The problem is GTK.py vs gtk.py, in the same directory.
>
> I changed GTK.py (the constants) to GTKc.py as a test, and modified
> the sample apps to use it instead of GTK, and it worked. Doing that
> would cause every app that uses GTK to have to be modified, though. Is
> there a way to install pygtk so that the GTK and gtk modules end up in
> different directories? (I don't actually KNOW python that well. :)
>
> Fink bug on the issue:
>
>http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=534257&group_id=17203&atid=117203
>

> I really hope you consider fixing this, since OS X is gaining a lot of
> acceptance in the geek community. :) It's a big market.

I don't plan on changing this in the stable release because it may break
some applications.  However, I have taken this problem into account
while developing the next version, and it should work fine.  Try
downloading and building the recent pygtk-1.99.9 release (it requires
gtk 2.0 and python >= 2.2).  Anyone planning on developing new
applications should be looking at this version, as it provides many new
features, and means they won't have to port over to the new version when
they decide they need gtk 2.0's new features.

James.