> distribution to use as an example in the tutorial. Please let me know if
> you have suggestions or find errors in the tutorial.

I try learning pygtk with your nice tutorial. I have a question
regarding the helloworld.py example.

What is the reason to connect the "clicked" event on the button directly
to the window's destroy function?

        self.button.connect("clicked", lambda wid,win: win.destroy(),
        self.window)

There is already an defined destroy-callback function which can be used
easy

        self.button.connect("clicked", self.destroy)

Or is this just there for learning purposes? Besides that I do not
understand your explanation why we need a lambda function there.

Nice tutorial. Helps a lot.
*Kai