Some help needed with PyGTK2:

I create a gtk.TreeView in the following way:

view = gtk.TreeView(self.model)
renderer = gtk.CellRendererText()
column = gtk.TreeViewColumn("Title", renderer, text=0, background=1)
view.append_column(column)

When displayed, this gives me a nice tree view. The rows turn
dark blue when I click on them.

Unfortunately, I don't want the rows to turn dark blue (I would prefer
that selection was indicated by italicising the text or by some other
means). I have tried changing everything imaginable on both the view
and the renderer (both via an rc file and directly), and it doesn't have
any effect. The only thing that caused any change was

style = view.get_style().copy()
view.set_style(style)

which changed the dark blue to light blue!

Help!

Geoff Bache