On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:01:14PM +0200, Geoff Bache wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't want the rows to turn dark blue (I would prefer
> that selection was indicated by italicising the text or by some other
> means). I have tried changing everything imaginable on both the view

As the #python folks would say, "why would you want to do that?"

Seriously, changing the default styling for something as basic as list
selection is asking for free usability trouble. Is there a, reasonable,
specific reason why you *need* this styled this way?

If not, why not trusting the decision of the GTK+ HIG team on how list
selections are styled? At least your app will be consistent with others
running on the platform.

Take care,