On 2 July 2010 13:11, John Stowers <john.stowers.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This looks like you are building from the master branch. Please build
> from the windows branch. I should update the instructions to make that
> clear.

Yes! It works! For the benefit of anyone else reading this (or maybe
for your updated instructions)...

Building the PyGTK Installer From Git
1. Follow the instructions to install msys, mingw and msysgit
2. Use msysgit to retrieve the current state of the windows branch
(to, for example, "C:\pygtk", which is "/c/pygtk" in msys and
msysgit):

$ git clone -b windows --depth 1 git://git.gnome.org/pygtk /c/pygtk

(The "--depth" flag just saves pulling the whole repo if you just want
a quick build.)

4. In msys, change to "/c/pygtk" and build as per current instructions
5. Installer can be found under "C:\pygtk\dist" (literally the
directory "dist", not the platform name)

Thanks everyone (for allowing me to dodge wxWidgets ;) ).

Cheers,
Jason