On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:26:05 +0200, Giuseppe Penone wrote:
you can download http://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree [3] and have fun,
the glade file is edited with GLADE 3.10 and has a minimum requirement
of GTK 2.20.
no hacking was done, after opening my already existing glade file I
clicked file--properties and I did set the requirement to 2.20 since
it was the lower version available in the radiobutton.

So you have managed to steer clear of compatibility problems
between both lines of development (GTK+ 2 + Glade <= 3.8.X and
GTK+ 3 + Glade >= 3.10.x).

However, claiming Glade 3.10.X supports GTK+ 2 is *wrong*.
See Tristan's (Glade maintainer) blog post:
http://blogs.gnome.org/tvb/2011/01/15/the-glade-dl/

And this glade-devel mailing list thread:
http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/glade-devel/2011-January/001858.html

Hope this clears things up a bit.

mvg,
Dieter