Thanks Kevin I will look into that, I find that the program is beautifully written, with lots of really helpful comments. it's a lesson to me on how Python should be done.

I do however miss my ancient Epsom dot matrix printer, i could print out someone's code on a yards long piece of endless paper, to really try and understand it.

Ken