On 2011-03-13 16:50:01 -0400, Mike Orr said:
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Andrey Popp <8may...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

On Mar 13, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Mike Orr wrote:
- Replace the INI file with an YAML file?

YAML is not as good as it can be for config file format:

 * It has slow parsers.

 * There's risk of bloating YAML file with Python type annotations (tags),
  e.g. !!bool, !!python/tuple when dealing with YAML programmatically.

I better suggest looking for something that has syntax similar to Configgy
for Scala.

YAML is available, configurations can be expressed as pure JSON in addition to the more expanded YAML syntax, and I don't really see a reason to completely deprecate INI ± XML for configuration, either. It's good to have a default that is the most expressive of the syntaxes, though.

I propose another idea for GSoC -- generic (persistent agnostic,
pluggable, extensible) admin interface based on Pyramid. It seems Tres
Seaver started doing something like this on github[1], but what about
putting it on GSoC rails? I think this will be the killer feature for
Pyramid itself.

[1]: https://github.com/Pylons/bottlecap

Added to the list, but can you specify what exactly you want this
admin interface to do? What does "persistent" and "agnostic" mean in
an admin interface?

I assume "pluggable" and "extensible" means extensible with ZCA.

Chris Perkins extracted the TurboGears administration interface and object dispatch mechanism (to support admin) into separate packages:

* https://github.com/GothAlice/crank - dispatch
* https://github.com/GothAlice/web.admin - admin

While the code is rough (and templates un-styled), the code was demonstrable at last year's ConFoo.

        — Alice.