Please be careful not to use a single generic name like "glue" "marrow" and others... As developers and users, we are completely dependent on search engine results, and guess what there are already valid prior use for these words...

Despite WebCore being, unbeknownst to me at the time, a component of WebKit, searching for WebCore results in my web framework being the 5th result, which isn't bad considering I've done very, very little marketing and a sum total of zero SEO optimization on the site. WebCore has been called that for just over a year. (Previously: YAPWF — searching for YAPWF, WebCore is the 4th result!)

Generic names, or ones with large existing conflict pools, matter less than one might think. A search for marrow does have a result on the first page, and although it's not as high as I'd like, it is "above the fold" on my display. Pyramid, OTOH, is nowhere to be found.[1] :(

Google seems to have a bias towards technical sites.

I already have to search for "pylons pyramid framework" to get any meaningful results, because for some reason "pyramid" keeps returning all kinds of stuff about early Egyptian architecture. I can only imagine that "Pyramid Glue" would return interesting theories about binding agents that these early Egyptian architects were using. and I'm guessing that "Pyramid Marrow" would teach me about embalming techniques.

Well, Pyramid and Marrow are (currently) completely unrelated projects, though by no means does that need to hold true in the future! :) Marrow suffers the same issue that Pylons or Repoze do as a generic name for a collection of projects, not a specific package, though Repoze at least has a very unique name.

        — Alice.

[1] I lied; found it just prior to sending this message… the very last link on the first page of results. :/