I noticed that the pyramid-collective GitHub project has been created
for unofficial add-on packages.
https://github.com/pyramid-collective

With that, we need to decide which repositories in should remain in
Pylons and which ones should move to the collective. There are over 50
repositories, some best-of-breed, some up-and-coming, and some past
their prime. With that many packages of varying quality, it's hard to
tell the gems from the chaff.

I'm moving SQLAHelper now, but what about pyramid_handlers and
pyramid_routehelper?

https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid_handlers
https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid_routehelper

Both of them have recent commits. pyramid_handlers is an old design
pattern that did not turn out to be as useful as expected, although it
works. pyramid_routehelper I thought was unfinished and not ready for
use, but somebody added tests to it 11 months ago. Does it work?  (It
provides Routes-style resource routes, which Pyramid doesn't do
natively.)

I'd suggest moving pyramid_handlers to the collective as a has-been
design pattern. pyramid_routehelper provides a unique feature, so it
might stay in Pylons if it's reliable. It depends on whether we think
resource routes is important enough to be in the main project.

There are a lot of other packages in Pylons that I know nothing about,
so I don't know how current/best-of-breed they are.

pyramid_rpc
pyramid_mailer
pyramid_exclog
pyramid_jqm
pyramid_xmlrpc
jslibs
pyramid_who (*)
pyramid_ldap (*)
pyramid_zodbconn
pyramid_zodbsessions
peppercorn
shootout
pyramid_viewgroup
cluegun
translationstring
pyramid_formish
repozitory
jove
jove_catalog
pyramid_skins
pyramid_registration
zodburi
pyramid_errmail
pyramid_traversalwrapper
stateof
limone
limone_zodb
breckenridge
pyramid_metatag
groundhog
guillotine
miniconference
hybridauth

It would be good to put every repository's status in its description
or README. But how do you set the description? I've never found an
edit box for it, yet somehow some of my repositories have
descriptions. The README is automatically displayed when you go to the
repository, but that doesn't help when you're going down the list of
repositories and don't want to open all of them.

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>