On May 15, 2007, at 4:58 PM, Philip Cooper wrote:

> On 5/14/07, Chris K Wensel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> the website left me a little confused.
>
> Yeah, I should do some more posting there.
>
>> will it let me round-trip
>> modifications to the backing store? or are there limitations on
>> what can be
>> written back?
>
> It will round trip but this is immature.  Expecting an rdflib.Literal
> to be passed in is not a good idea long term (backend specific).

Until v. recently, the way you got typed literals was painful. They
may have improved this recently, though.

But it's not *that* rdflib-specific, really. No more so than Python
db-api drivers returning datetime objects in result sets, really.

If there is a Python RDF API, it's rdflib (for good and bad IMO).

>   Also
> saving Lists and Collections is something I'm nor sure about how to
> do.

Friends don't let friends use RDF collections or lists or bags, etc.
Seriously, I just wouldn't do anything with these. They really aren't
best practice and not that commonly used.

But now we're really off-topic re: Pylons. :>

Cheers,
Kendall