Hi Jonas :)

Jonas wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> At the end I have decided to create a blog engine in Pylons.
> I begun to developing the models for Django but recently released
> Babel, a library for i18n and i10n that is very well designed. Andi I
> doubt much that Django added to its system (at least of fast way).

Yes, I seriously doubt the Django folks will consider babel, and it is quite
a great library and the plan is to require it directly by pylons.

> My early election by Django was by its automatic admin interface,
> something very well for CMS projects, but I prefer more flexibility.
>
> I comment you the infrastructure that I would use in case we could
> collaborate:
> * License: GNU GPL-2

Could you consider the LGPL or the MIT license? I believe a good blog
application for Pylons would probably spread in a way that follows the
logic described in the essay about why you might want to use the LGPL.

> * Pylons + SQLAlchemy + Elixir + Mako + Babel + Authkit

Can't go wrong here ;) Consider Xapian for site-search.

> I would that all development went away commented in the forum
> (starting by the models), therefore people could contribute quickly.

I don't quite understand what you mean.

Let's use this thread to do some planning. I believe the majority of the
work required will be in the administration interface and the second most
amount of work will be in javascript. How much do you value the
administration interface?

Looking forward to your response,
David