> Why doesn't it work on Windows?

I´m not sure, exactly why, but even when I do this in my Apache
config:

DocumentRoot /
        ProxyRequests Off

        ProxyPass /css !
        ProxyPass /flash !
        ProxyPass /img !
        ProxyPass /scripts !
        ProxyPass /games !
        ProxyPass /favicon.ico !

        ProxyPass / http://localhost:5000
        ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5000

The same configuration, using the real domain name works on my Linux
Server, on windows, my development workstation, it fails, all the
templates render without the static content

> I have a symbolic link in my public directory pointing to a large
> directory of static files.  Not that this addresses your exact
> situation.

I have read of ways to create symbolic links on windows, but in case
of pylons, it feels like a hack, it would be cool just  to modify the
configuration for development on any os, and when its time to deploy
jszt change the setting or use a different ini file for production, as
it was meant to be. Everything else is sort of "hackish"

> Do you have to serve the files through Pylons (e.g., for
> authentication or logging)?  What about serving them directly via
> Apache (an Alias directive or "ProxyPass /pubic !")?

Hmm, I ´ll try using that.

Thanks