On Sep 10, 7:12 pm, Ben Bangert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2007, at 2:13 PM, JP wrote:
>
> > I'd recommend sticking with a requirement of <= 0.9.9 until nose
> > 0.10.0 final is out. The pre-releases are pre-releases because ...
> > well, you know. :)
>
> > But I'd also ask, if you find a (pre- or otherwise) release of nose is
> > buggy, please report those bugs! I don't see any bugs, open or closed,
> > mentioning Pylons. I remember a couple from Ian Bicking that might be
> > Pylons-related, but I'm just guessing. Certainly I didn't get any
> > reports of 0.10a1 failing with Pylons itself or a basic Pylons
> > project.
>
> > Nose's bug tracker is here:
>
> >http://code.google.com/p/python-nose/issues/list
>
> On a side note, I don't suppose there's a way to tell nose that
> *before* it attempts to import everything in your project looking for
> doctests... please run the following python code XXXXX. As some
> modules in a Pylons project can't be loaded before the Pylons
> environment is setup, this means one can't use doctests in a Pylons
> project with nose.

Sure, you can do that easily with a plugin or a custom runner script.
The plugin way will less convenient in nose 0.9.2 and earlier (those
versions pre-date the use of setup.cfg for options).

For a custom runner script, just do something like:

import nose
def main():
    ### do whatever you want here, then
   nose.main()

if __name__ == '__main__':
    nose.main()

For a plugin, you'd implement begin() and put the initialization code
there. Either way, the init code will run before any discovery/
imports. I can elaborate on the plugin solution a bit tomorrow if
there's any interest. For the moment, though, I must go change a
diaper (not my own ;).

JP