I will have to agree with the sentiments already voiced here. The
documentation is very sparse, and it relies on the user having a good
understanding of MVC frameworks (like RoR and CakePHP). Having
actually attempted to write my own MVC framework in PHP (and then
abandoning it due to limitations of PHP), I can say I have a good
understanding of these frameworks, and that helped me understand
Pylons.

Let me also mention, to put things into perspective, that CakePHP's
documentation is not very helpful either. They have an API, and they
have a tutorial that doesn't go beyond the basics.

I also understand the viewpoint of the developers, Mike and Ben and
others, that they don't have a lot of time for documentation. I have a
few open source projects of my own (one of which is using Pylons -
thanks for a great framework!), and getting round to writing
documentation is just something that I often don't have time for.

To those who complain:
Please try to be part of the solution: if you've done something that
you can't find in the wiki, add a page and document what you did.
Also, if you're having trouble understanding how Pylons works, I
recommend reading through CakePHP's tutorial. It covers the same
concepts used here.

To the developers:
Please don't moan back at your community about how they're not doing
anything. Even if you can't get round to writing up documentation,
rather say, "We're very sorry, but we just haven't had time." - it's a
much nicer response (and it puts you in a better light) than, "Well,
why don't you write some?"

To both sides:
Pointing fingers, blaming others, and generally moaning does not help
anyone, much less yourself. Great communities only arise out of people
who are prepared to give more than they take.

--
Raoul Snyman
B.Tech Information Technology (Software Engineering)