Hello all.  I've been using Pylons/Paster for quite some time now and
am deploying it live to very high webtraffic.  My current
configuration is the following:

Lighttpd (serves as reverse proxy, with mod_scgi)
Paster (flup SCGI) --> Only one [server:main] setup, so only 1 paster
process

I wanted to know what people thought of this configuration, and/or
whether we should move to a Nginx/Paster (SCGI) configuration
instead?

Running ab benchmark tests revealed many requests were failing.
Should I be starting MORE Paster processes to handle the load?  Is
this the right thing to do, or is the Paster (SCGI) process itself
multi-threaded to handle such synchronous requests.  Say the Paster
process is doing some I/O (SQL query through sqlalchemy), would that
process block and would other requests wait, or would they get
serviced?

Are there any profiling services for paster or my pylons app?  If so,
what are the best ones?  I"m using sqlalchemy primarily for using its
connection pooling mechanism...what's a good way of testing whether
connection pooling is working smoothly?

Thanks in advance.