2008/5/28 SamDonaldson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Running ab benchmark tests revealed many requests were failing.
> Should I be starting MORE Paster processes to handle the load?  Is
> this the right thing to do, or is the Paster (SCGI) process itself
> multi-threaded to handle such synchronous requests.  Say the Paster
> process is doing some I/O (SQL query through sqlalchemy), would that
> process block and would other requests wait, or would they get
> serviced?

Hi Sam,

According to
http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonscookbook/Pylons+Execution+Analysis+0.9.6
paster is multithreaded. It should be easy to test. Hit a controller
action that sleeps for 10 seconds and see if you can still make
requests to other actions. I actually need to test for myself as soon
as I get to work. As for why you get failed requests, I don't know.