Hi all,

So i'm doing a lot more ab testing.  I isolated out the performance on
paster and basically wrote an action that does nothing.  I find the
following:

Running ab WITHOUT concurrency (with 4 paster processes OR with only 1
paster).  I get a LOWER requests per second and higher average
response time

VS

Running ab WITH concurrency set to 200 (with 4 paster processes OR 1
paster process)

I don't understandt his completely.  Why would single requests, one
after the other be slower than concurrency?  Note that lighttpd is
doing the load balancing in the case of 4 paster processes.  Is it
because of starting new connections, am I not configuing something
correctly to take care of caching known connections that are getting
reestablished?

When I add a single db hit (primary key lookup to mysql), my
performance goes way down, but still consistently across both types of
tests.

Thanks,
Sam