On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >    I would like to be able to redirect the user to another page after
> > the download has been initiated, or at least put up a "yay, it's
> > finished" page, but that doesn't appear to be possible.  So I was

What about turning it around; put up your "yay" page and then initiate the
download via script or a meta tag. Maybe make the "yay" message more like
"download should be coming now..."

Something like this:
http://somafm.com/play/spacestation

I think Mike is right; there is no way to embed instructions for the browser
into a downloaded file.