Rob Miller wrote:

for the record, there are lots of folks who disagree with this
statement. while there are certainly cases where the extra abstractions
that you detail below are useful, IMHO they're overkill for most
applications, which are only intended to work w/ a single persistence
engine and which gain little benefit from the added complexity.

I'm also a bit scared of this because I don't want my Pylons app to look like Spring or EJB app ;) It looks a bit like the anemic model anti-pattern:
http://martinfowler.com/bliki/AnemicDomainModel.html

I mean, making separate manager object could be useful, but I'm 99% sure that I won't replace SQLAlchemy with something else.

I just remember reading that using SQLAlchemy queries makes transition to Pyramid harder. This also isn't something I would worry about, but I just wondered if using the Session object in model is actually a bad practice.

--
Juliusz Gonera
http://juliuszgonera.com/