Rob Miller wrote:

do you happen to remember where you read this?
i wouldn't think this
would be the case. while the sqlalchemy idioms used in the documentation
and/or paster templates might vary a bit btn pylons and pyramid
(specifically pyramid usually shows the use of the repoze.tm2 middleware
to handle transaction commits), neither framework actually has any
formal opinion about how persistence should be handled, and i can't
think of any reason why you'd have to make any significant changes to
how you interact w/ the database when porting from one to the other.

I think it was on this list, but I can't find it right now. It's possible that it was only about using request/response, session and context objects in model.

i don't see anything inherently wrong w/ it, as long as you're willing
to accept the repercussions: you'll be more closely tied to sqlalchemy,
and you'll have to either provide or mock a database session in order to
test your models.

I see, this clears up my doubts. Thank you.

--
Juliusz Gonera
http://juliuszgonera.com/