Nathan Wright wrote:

For my own use I find it helpful to have the Query subclass for
operations that involve a set of rows, and then methods on the mapped
class itself are for dealing only with one specific row at a time.

I saw this when looking through Mediacore's source (https://github.com/simplestation/mediacore) but forgot about it totally. This seems to fit well into some things I do. Thanks!

As Mariano was saying, it might be possible save yourself some trouble
by using mappers directly instead of DeclarativeBase. You'd likely be
able to make your python objects easier to work with because they won't
be tied 1-to-1 to the schema that you're building on. This isn't about
defining relations so much as composing your mapped classes into their
most logical form. A single mapped class can span multiple tables or do
practically whatever else you want. YMMV but it's worth a look.

I just like DeclarativeBase's syntax, but you may be right. I will see if some of those advanced properties can be used in my app.

--
Juliusz Gonera
http://juliuszgonera.com/