On Jun 11, 3:02 pm, Matt Feifarek <matt.feifa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure, but we're not using traversal anymore now... we're hand-poking all of
> this stuff. I like your solution, in a non-traversal situation.

Sorry, I gave this example because it's a better solution to the SO
solution that you linked to, so I figured you were interested in how
to do it with dispatch as well.

> Can I keep traversal, keep using simple @view_config decorators, and have
> file-extensions? Seems like no.

How you use views with traversal is completely dependent on your
resource tree. So assuming you have a tree for /users/matt and you
want to handle a view named status off of the User('matt'), you could
simply add a view for 'status' and a view for 'status.json':

@view_config(name='status', context=User, renderer='status.mako')
@view_config(name='status.json', context=User, renderer='json')
def status_view(request):
    user = request.context
    return {
        'key': 'value', # passed to the matched renderer
    }

At least in the brief moment I've pondered this, you will have a
problem matching a view in the case where there is no name. For
example matching '/users/matt.json', as the User.__getitem__ will have
to take care of that. You can probably argue that handling this url
with that format wouldn't make sense anyway, however.

Michael