On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Thomi Richards <tho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I am - I have plans to upgrade to Pylons 1.0, and then to pyramid,
> but I'm waiting for someone to make an ubuntu package for pyramid, or
> update the pylons package in ubuntu 11.04 to a later version of
> pylons.

I don't want to state the obvious here, or insult the benefits of using
versions from your package manager, BUT, the state of python packaging with
virtualenv is such that your development/deployment experience will be much
much better, and you will get more current versions of software, if you do
not rely on your system's version of python and your system's version of
packages (which is usually fairly out of date for any project being actively
developed).

--

Michael