Il 12/10/11 19.10, Iain Duncan ha scritto:
(was going to be one post, split in two). I'm wondering about making this into a larger article that could be posted on the docs.

A lot of people don't get what the heck good traversal is. Part of the issue is that it's a bit harder to make it really shine without using the zodb, but it's certainly possible. We've done it using SQLAlchemy by having all content types in our cms inherit from one base content type using SA table inheritance. The base type holds the parent child relationships, the path, the title, and links into our system wide permission persistancy scheme. This works like a charm. Sure, the table structure is more complicated, but security is rock solid, and the real kicker:

USERS FREAKING LOVE TRAVERSAL!

I'm freaking love traversal!
We are using it with SQLAlchemy without issues.
Change our routing architecture from URL Dispatch to Traversal is the best thing we did during the porting of our SEO-CMS from Pylons to Pyramid.

Thank you for it!

--
Ing. Stefano Fontanelli
Asidev S.r.l.