On 12 October 2011 21:33, Michael Merickel <mmeri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's harder than it sounds to actually utilize that. Each step of traversal
> expects a new context object, and there isn't an obvious spot in the
> traversal process to say "ok we're done, now perform the query". Also AFAIK
> SQLAlchemy doesn't provide much assistance in building a "with recursive"
> query.

You could use materialized path.

But you lose security and you can't really use Pyramid's traversal router.

I think a better way is to keep a separate tree data structure that
you use for traversal (which includes security metadata) and then
connect the tree nodes to your actual data.

The advantage of that approach is that you've got a more flexible
choice in how that data is stored and can intermingle various data
storages in a single tree.

By the way, an example of a storage for such a tree that works in a
distributed environment is Apache Zookeeper.

\malthe