On 10/12/11 2:18 PM, Thomas G. Willis wrote:
On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:53:09 PM UTC-4, Rob Miller wrote:

    On 10/12/11 11:00 AM, Parnell Springmeyer wrote:
     > One quick thing to add: I am building/maintaining a *big* production
     > application that is 100% on top of Pyramid and strictly uses
    Traversal
     > and SQLAlchemy.

    One thing worth noting when using traversal w/ SQL is that you often
    pay
    a lookup penalty, since every part of the requested URL path usually
    results in an additional database query (e.g. "GET /foo/bar/baz" would
    be at least 3 queries).

or 3 requests to memcached. :)

Indeed.

Also,

I can imagine that it would be possible in the root factory to have
enough information to everything for the context path that it can in one
batch. I haven't needed to implement this yet, but it's in the tech debt
at work for if things go down in flames.

Right, as Michael suggested a custom traverser could be used here.

-r