Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Pyramid, coming from Flask. It's exciting working
with a framework that doesn't do everything for me, but also intimidating
in terms of the number of options it enables me to use.

I'm looking at using redis_session for sessioning following the advice on
the Pyramid site that use of the built-in session library is less secure.
If I'm misunderstanding that, I welcome correction, because I really do not
need to add any persistence to this web application aside from storing
current user session info.

I'm receiving the following error:
ConnectionError: Error 111 connecting to localhost:6379. Connection refused.

I have followed the instructions
<https://pyramid-redis-sessions.readthedocs.org/en/latest/gettingstarted.html#configuration>

for installation and configuration. However, I have done no additional
installation of Redis on my computer. Is the fix as simple as sudo apt-get
redis-server, or should redis already be available given my following of
the instructions?