You can grab it from a .ini or wherever when using the latest Pyramid with
plaster support (write your own loader to load it from yaml files for example).

I guess it is not entirely clear, but here’s docs for the two methods:
https://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/latest/narr/environment.html#using-pastedeploy

<https://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/latest/narr/environment.html#using-pastedeploy>

**settings is provided by your launcher, pserve will use plaster and call
main() on your application that is registered with setup tools and provide the
settings dictionary to do with as you please.

Bert