Check out the post on "High end graphics". This will solve the problem. Basically you can ray-trace your molecule at a resolution bigger tahn teh screen size and then cut it down afterwards effectively generating a high resolution graphic from a 72 dpi starting point

Cheers

Kolli, Madhavi wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just started using PyMol for making some figures. I’m very happy that it is so easy to use. However the resolution of my pictures is very bad even after rendering them. When I print them they are very pixellated. I’m sure there is something I’m not doing right. Any help, suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Madhavi Kolli

Graduate Student

UMass Medical School Worcester

--
Joel Tyndall, PhD

Lecturer
National School of Pharmacy
University of Otago
PO Box 913 Dunedin
New Zealand
Pukenga
Te Kura Taiwhanga Putaiao
Te Whare Wananga o Otago
Pouaka Poutapeta 913 Otepoti
Aotearoa

Ph / Waea +64 3 4797293 Fax / Waeawhakaahua +64 3 4797034