Yes, the create command provide you with this ability, though at the end
of the process you end up with a new object.

create new_object, old_object1 | old_object2

In some cases, new_object can be the same name as either old_object1 or
old_object2:

create old_object1, old_object1 | old_object2

Also note that the vertical bar (the "or" operator) is optional in
recent betas, so

create old_object1, old_object1 old_object2

becomes legal.

Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist

. DeLano Scientific LLC
. 400 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
. South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
. Biz:(650)-872-0942  Tech:(650)-872-0834
. Fax:(650)-872-0273  Cell:(650)-346-1154
. mailto:war...@delsci.com