On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 01:36:08PM -0800, Warren DeLano wrote:
  and before that, Sarina had noted:

> >    File "<string>", line 1
> >      b=3D10
> >          ^
> > SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
> > Alter-Error: Aborting on error. Assignment may be incomplete.
> > Alter: modified 0 atoms.
> >

> Sarina,
>
> I'm not sure where that "3D10" is coming from -- it should simply be the
> number 10:
>
> alter all, b=10

Most likely a mismatch between the two mail programs--yours and
Sarina's--in the way they handle "quoted-printable" content
transfer encoding (see the headers of the email messages).

Some displays of quoted-printable content seem to use "=" as
some kind of escape character. Therefore, a literal "=" needs to
be escaped itself.  As it happens "3D" is the hexadecimal for an
ASCII "=".  So =3D is the quoted-printable representation of the
equals sign in your original.

--
Joe