Carsten,

Thank you for the suggestion.  It has got me thinking...

In the meantime, you can already use Python itself to store additional
molecular properties which can be mapped to b, q, or vdw as needed using the
"alter" command over various selection.

However, I'm not sure that would enable exactly what you're thinking about
doing, so perhaps you could describe one or more of your intended use cases
in a little more detail?

DeLano Scientific LLC
Subscriber Support Services
mailto:del...@delsci.info