Hello Warren,

Thank you very much for your advice.

I guess I was not being very clear. what i meant was that i would also
like to save the coordinates of this reoriented polymer. Let me be
clear:

I have a polymer aligned along y-axis. I change some of the dihedral
angles. As a result, the chain is pointing in some arbitrary
direction. So, I want to re-orient the polymer along the y-axis and
then save the coordinates of this reoriented polymer. I used the
command "orient" from the installed pymol on my system (version
1.0r2). But when I try to save the polymer, it still saves the same
coordinates as the one before reorientation.

Please let me know if something can be done ?

Thank you,

Vivek

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Warren DeLano <war...@delsci.com> wrote:
> You can save a copy of the original and then superimpose the copy back onto
> it
>
> # using "fab" command from the latest 1.2 beta to create poly-ala
>
> fabĀ  AAAAAAA, pol
>
> # create copy of the polymer
>
> create copy, pol
>
> # adjust a torsion
>
> set_dihedral pol///4/N, pol///4/CA, pol///4/C, pol///5/N, 60
>
> # superimpose back on the original copy
>
> fit pol, copy
>
> Cheers,
> Warren