(i) load select.pdb
(ii) @beauty.pdb
(iii) @script.pdb
(iv) save 165.pdb
(v) orient select
(vi) cmd.matrix_copy(None, "select")
(vii) reset
(viii) save new.pdb

There is no difference in 165.pdb and new.pdb. Let me be clear:

Once I change some of the dihedrals in select.pdb, the resulting
165.pdb is oriented in an arbitrary direction. I want to reorient it
along one of the axes (preferably along the original Y-axis) and save
the resulting coordinates. No matter what I do, I get the same output
file.

Is there a way. I have attached all the files I am using, in case
someone wants to see and comment.
Basically, I want to (a) change dihedrals in select.pdb, (b) resulting
in 165.pdb, (c) and rotate 165.pdb back to align with select.pdb and
save the coordinates of aligned molecule to new.pdb.

Please let me know if it can be done.

Thank you,

Vivek Ranjan

Thank you and Regards,