Hi Jason,

I think the number one feature I would like to see is eMovie
incorporated into the standard build of PyMOL. The built in movie
making facilities in PyMOL may be powerful but the scripting is a bit
beyond those of us "biologists who use computers" especially if one is
trying to make longer and more involved movies. eMovie is a really
nice and easy to understand interface that is only spoiled by how
buggy it is (especially on a Mac where it seems to disagree violently
with the video card/chips).

Secondly, more and more academic structural biologists use Macs - at
the recent British Crystallographic Association winter meeting ten out
of twelve speakers used Macs. If Mac support is decreased it will stop
being used by academics.

Finally, although I understand the reasons for PyMOL being sold to
Schrodinger, I have to admit I was disappointed as in the past I have
found Schrodinger singularly unhelpful in making their software
available free(ish) to academics. I really really hope that all the
great stuff in PyMOL isn't stolen for other applications whilst PyMOL
itself is left to wither away.

Simon