1) I would love it if the PDB Loader Service Plugin would clean up what it left
in /tmp on pymol exit.  I have a feeling this might be complicated though.  I
just have a bad memory when I first entered this world and I had pymol open and
I was trying to load a pdb and the plugin just would not work.  The previous
graduate student using the system had previously loaded the same pdb using the
plugin and the file had written in /tmp and the PDB Loader would therefore not
get me the file.  When you're just starting a rotation in a new lab, that type
of problem can scar you as you have to explain why it took you half an hour to
open a pdb in pymol...

An alternative solution is to check for the filename before trying to write
there.  And be like Firefox and just name them 1ACB-1.pdb when 1ACB.pdb can't
be written to.

2) This might be out of your range as it is a plug in written by the community,
but DynoPlot could become something really cool with a little love and care.
My big problem right now is that you are only able to create a plot with a
single selection.  I teach a lab once a year where we have the students use
dynoplot to make ramachandran plots of the helices, then they have to restart
pymol before they can select the beta sheets and make a ramachandran plot of
them as well.  As we all know, losing a pymol session can be a painful
experience.  Having to restart is also rough.

3) A more extensive undo/redo system.  It would be nice to be able to undo
anything.  And then redo it.  I'm talking "fetch 2no8; split_states", realizing
there's 60 models and just doing "undo" and having a single model again.  Or I
accidentally change my view, I can go back.  I don't know what level of
granularity it should be, but something would be good.  Again, losing that
perfect view or such can be painful.

-David