Dear all,

Unfortunately I'm not really familiar with programming in Python (yet) but
I've encountered a problem with MacPyMol in running the script that can be
found here:
http://cavanagh-lab.bch.ncsu.edu/bobay/intranet/pymol/data2bfactor.py

I've tried a couple of things to get the script running, and in the end I
managed to narrow the problem down to the fact that the file that contains
the data for the new b-factors is not imported correctly. I have made a text
file, containing four columns that I've copied from excel; the Chain, the
residue number, the residue name, and the b-factor. These columns are
separated by tabs. In the script this code is used to determine the number
of columns in my file:

words = line.split()

# check number of columns of data
      if len(words) == 4:
etc

Apparently, this is where it goes wrong because if I print the words
variable. I get the total number 'words' in my input file instead of the
number of columns...
Does anybody know the solution to this problem?

Cheers,

Simon